UCC For Jewelers

Question #124

hello. i am 36 yrs old and have been married for 6 yrs. my wife and i have come to an agreement that we need a separation. we have 2 children. the car the condo, all of our possessions we attained during the marriage. i am working but my wife is currently unemployed. she is about to get a job that will potentially pay her six figures(double what i make). i am willing to pay child support but what happens when she gets the job? ami still responsible to pay her funds even though she makes double what i do? we have agreed on terms for the separation but just need to have it finalized. can you help me with the name of someone in bklyn or manhattan that can help? thank you for your help in this matter.

If your wife becomes financially self-sufficient, you will not be required to pay
spousal support for her. You will be responsible to pay your share of the child support.
There are, however, many more issues to be resolved and to be incorporated in a written Separation Agreement, (e.g. child custody, child support division of marital assets etc.) which must be done to satisfy the statutory requirements of such agreements and requires the assistance of an experienced matrimonial attorney.

Please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss arranging for employment with you and your spouse to mediate your separation and divorce.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Double as Solutions