UCC For Jewelers

Question #223

We both got married in new york and now he has moved to Florida. We have been married for 11years and separated for 8yrs (not legally) I would like to file for a divorce but the only thing he has suggested is uncontested divorce but at this time I know he is hiding a lot and does’nt want me to know anything,as he keeps on pressuring me to sign papers but dont want me to read anything which I have refused. He is a lawyer but at this time I dont know if he is practicing in Florida My question I would also like to file for alimony support,but how do I go about doing that as at this time I need some finincial help in order to support myself and be able to go back to school to help me better. I don’t have any money only bills and can barely keep my head afloat. Is this something I can do myself, but how does he get served since he lives in florida and how do I find out about what he is doing as the man is very secretive and has mentioned that he will not give me anything. Please Advise

You can sue him for divorce in NY and he will be required to complete a sworn affidavit
outlining all of his assets and liabilities.
If you cannot afford to pay for an attorney, the court will make him pay for your attorney
as well.
In a marriage of 11 years, you should be entitiled to some spousal support to allow you to get
on your feet.

I strongly suggest you consider mediation. If you are living in the NYC metro area, please call me
to arrange for an appointment to discuss the matter in greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions