UCC For Jewelers

Question #291

My husband and I were married in California in May 2010. We bought a house in NY state, and currently reside there together, but are separating. He is moving back to California, and I will remain in our home in New York State. We may decide to get a divorce. Where should we file for that once we’re ready? I’ve noticed that New York State requires a separation agreement first. What legal steps should I be thinking about right now? Thank you!

If you have lived in NYS for over a year you can file I n NYS. You should start removing yourself from all joint accounts and credit cards in which you are liable. Loans etc. as well as collecting all your marital financial documents , bank statements, brokerage statements, 401-k’s etc.

Give me a call at 212-370-1660 to arrange for a meeting to discuss the matter in greater detail.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions