UCC For Jewelers

Question #313

I live in long island NY. I’ve been currently married for almost two years and we have been talking about getting a divorce. We have a beautiful 1 year old baby boy. I am the only one that works, we rent an apartment/ shared with my mother. She does not work and does not have legal papers(undocumented). If we start the divorce would I have to give half of my income to her? I don’t mind giving child support, but besides that is she entitled to anything else? I am 22 at this moment and my wife is 26.

You would have to provide her with some form of Spousal support at least for a short period until she can get a job. The amount of Child support will depend on how much you earn.
The exact amount of Spousal Support will depend on your present marital life style, how much you earn, what it will cost for her to rent an apartment with the child, etc. If you go to court, the final amount will be decided by a judge .
You can avoid going to court by both agreeing to mediate the Divorce with me in which case you will
Be able to decide with your wife all of the issues .

Pease call me at 212-370-1660 to arrange for a meeting to discuss the matter
At greater length,

Leonard Weiner, Esq.
Divorce Solutions