UCC For Jewelers

Question #56

I’ve been married for 8 yrs and now I want to file for divorce and move out of state. I haven’t really worked much in the years we have been married; there are no kids involved and we rent our home. He makes over 100 thousand a year but tells me I will leave with what I came in to the marriage with, is this a true statement? I’m very much alone in this and I know I will need some sort of support for a short period of time. Also can he cut me out of his medical insurance once there is a legal separation? Help!! I’m really lost. Thank you.

You are entitled to approximately one half of everything you both have acquired during the course of the marriage, no matter in whose name the money, shares, accounts, or real property is in. If you do not have medical insurance, he will have to cover you and provide you with spousal support until you can begin supporting yourself. If you are located in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter in greater length.
Leonard M. Weiner, Esq. / Divorce Solutions