UCC For Jewelers

Question #86

hi: just wanted to find out what the ny state laws towards alimony is and does it also relate to someone who is on a foreign work permit.

Today alimony is referred to as “spousal support” and whether the court would grant spousal support depends on the circumstances of each individual case such as duration of the marriage, is the spouse seeking support employed, is s\he earning enough to support herself, the lifestyle of the
couple during the marriage, etc.

Under most cases, the court would have jurisdiction if you or your spouse have been living in NY
for over 1 year. Immigration status is not a relevant factor in determining jurisdiction.
If you are living in the NYC metro area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss mediating your divorce.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq.\Divorce Solutions